Cooperative Development & MNIBA
MNIBA is working in partnership with Cooperative Development Services under the USDA SDGG grant to:
- Identify and gather information about other cooperatives already working in Indian Country.
- Create/modify co-op education and training materials using an indigenous lens
- Conduct pre-feasibility research and support development of a steering committee for child care co-ops in Native communities
- Conduct a feasibility study for a Native art buying and marketing co-op
- Assist with other cooperative opportunities that arise during the grant period.
- Support tribal economic and community development professionals about cooperative business options.
Download MNIBA's Guide to Tribal Community Cooperative Development here.